Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So today was a regular day besides the fact that I had an ultrasound done!!!! They wanted to see how far along I am (17.5 weeks), and I found out what I'm having!!!!

I'M HAVING A BOY!!!


I'm so excited. I can't stop smiling! Neither can James. He was screaming and grabbing people, telling everyone our good news. The ultrasound was the coolest thing, except having to drink 32 oz. of water and holding it for 2 hours!!! (I cheated and went to the bathroom, but then chugged 40 more oz. of water). So yes, that was the terrible part. But I got to see every feature of my baby....the brain, spine, ribs, fingers, arms, kidneys, heart (that was so cool), all facial features, legs, feet, and manhood. I got to see the blood flowing through the umbilical cords. Everything looked really perfect the nurse told us. I got to see everything! Mom even taped it! James Daniel Roberts Jr. will be his full name. James' father has nothing but granddaughters so I know lil James will be spoiled rotten! It was so cute watching him kick and wiggle and toss and bounce around. Tears still come to my eyes as I think about how God creates such miracles. He was so so so beautiful. It's amazing.
P.S. Don't say anything to my father b/c he said that he wants to be surprised about what I'm having. I'm not sure how long the surprise will last b/c of all the baby stuff I'll be getting. But maybe he'll be able to be surprised on delivery day. I hope so. So please please please keep it a secret!!!!




5 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Jonathon said...

WOOOO!!! Esther I am so happy for you, i can't believe it! i'm so happy for you, i am praying for your baby's health and wellness through this pregnancy and for it's entire life afterward, i hope when he is born he will just fill your life with joy and love. i think you will be a great mother, you are already a great friend. God Bless you and your son!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Andy said...

How exciting!!!! I was thinking about you yesterday. I know your mom was excited that she was getting to go with you. As a mom, I know that was really special to her. I am so glad that everything is good and the baby is healthy. Congratulations!!!!!!! Love you!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger AmyJo said...

Esther, it is so exciting to see how real your very own child is inside of you. I have 2 boys, myself, and can tell you from experience that you're in for a treat. They are so much fun. I will never forget the moments that I was able to see their heartbeat, and their squirming movements. Although I never want to experience another pregnancy again (no offence), I will never forget how exciting it was to be pregnant.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I LOVE YOU! and i'm excited for you to be a mommy!!! much love my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home